Discussions with Liberal & National MPs
29 November 2016
In recent times, we've seen a growing amount of public support from Australian Labor.
However, it would be wrong to think that we're seeing a change in position from only one side of politics.
Over recent months we've had constructive discussions with a number of Liberal and National parliamentarians, including:
- Arthur Sinodinos (Senator for NSW, Cabinet Secretary)
- Kelly O'Dwyer (Member for Higgins, Assistant Treasurer, Minister for Small Business)
- Bill Heffernan (Senator for NSW)
- Russell Broadbent (Member for McMillan)
- David Fawcett (Senator for South Australia, Deputy Government Whip in the Senate)
- Darren Chester (Member for Gippsland, Assistant Minister for Defence)
All of these Liberal and National politicians have listened to our concerns respectfully and acknowledged there are problems with the current policies. In some cases, we have had ongoing and productive conversations over a number of months.
Too often, supporters can fall into the trap of thinking that, just because little is being said publicly, there is no chance of winning the support of the current government for change. This is simply not the case - it is going to be an uphill struggle, but it is by no means impossible!
We therefore encourage supporters to contact Liberal and National MPs and Senators. Many still have little knowledge of the issues facing Kiwis in Australia and are likely open to being convinced of the need for policy change.