Did you visit Australia before 1st September 1994?

New Zealanders who cleared customs Australia before 1st September 1994 were granted permanent residence automatically.

Even if you only visited for a short holiday, or as a child on your parent’s passport, you can reinstate that former PR with the Resident Return Visa (RRV).

The RRV application fee is $365 and you must be residing in Australia to apply.

Before applying for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) you should consider your family situation. Do you need to sponsor family members? Are your children about to start university? Find out whether RRV or the new visa option is best for you.

Have a question?

If you would like to know more about RRV refer to Resident Return visa (subclasses 155 and 157)

Phone the Department of Immigration on 13 18 81 or contact them via social media. Please do not provide your personal details on a public forum.

Comments are closed.